CFS Version 12 Changes
Released June 2019
CFS Torsion Analysis and Design
CFS Analysis Enhancements
- Analysis option to include torsion in member checks.
- Torsional forces determined from magnitude and location of applied transverse loads.
- Concentrated bimoments determined from eccentric axial loads.
- Torsion diagrams for torque, bimoment, and angle of twist.
- Bimoment yield strength provided on strength report.
- Member check includes design check for combined bending and torsion.
Other CFS Enhancements
- Global buckling option saved with each analysis.
- Analysis option for "Deflection Only" load combinations.
- Analysis printout includes summary of member materials, lengths, and weights.
- Concentrated loads treated as point loads instead of short distributed loads.
- New load type for concentrated moment.
- Allow loads in direction that has fully braced segments (K=0).
- Axial load eccentricities treated as concentrated moments in moment distribution.
- Performance improved for display of diagram envelopes.
- Copy Image feature for analysis diagrams.
Automation Module Enhancements
- Separate multi-level Undo and Redo for each open section and analysis.
- Extended characters implemented for many subscripts, superscripts, and greek symbols.
- Edit menu option to rotate section to principal axes.
- Tolerance on symmetry checks was tightened since calculations are available for non-symmetric sections.
- Member check option for cases where Mx and My include P-δ effects.
- Member check with Kx=0 or Ky=0 or Kt=0 prevents moments or bimoments from being applied.
- Separate output for effective section properties at applied loads.
- Additional trace details for inelastic reserve strength calculation.
- Improved handling of input validation for Section and Analysis input windows.
- Improved performance for license validation.
- Get default user name and company name from environment settings.
- Torsion functionality implemented in Strength and MemberCheck methods.
- Support for multiple simultaneous instances of the Calculation object.
Copyright © 2019 RSG Software, Inc.
- Lateral-torsional buckling equation for point-symmetric shapes restricted to Z shapes bending about axis perpendicular to the web.
- Stainless steel effective widths for deflection determination use corrected secant modulus calculation.
- Correction to location check between inflection point and support for minor axis bending.
- Column buckling for built-up sections sometimes used modified KL/r when it shouldn't.
- Use rational analysis factors for cases where Fy exceeds Specification limit.