CFS Version 9 Changes
Released August 2015
CFS® has been rewritten as a .NET application for compatibility with the latest versions of Windows.
The basic operation of the software is essentially the same, but a number of enhancements have been made.
New file extensions to avoid conflicts with other software: .cfss, .cfsa, .cfsl
Improved method of combined shear strength when section contains multiple webs.
Calculation trace added for web-crippling strength.
- User interface includes the latest graphical standards, such as menu icons and toolbar buttons.
- New help file format compatible with the latest version of Windows.
- Navigation of the section and analysis graphics have been updated to modern techniques (mouse wheel scroll, zoom, pan, etc.)
- Dimensions can be measured between points in the analysis window.
- The analysis graphic displays a rendering of the members used.
- A column analysis will now display the member in a vertical orientation.
- The Elastic Buckling analysis now uses a very fast solution technique. Run times can be over 100 times faster.
- Elastic Buckling of point-symmetric or non-symmetric sections may optionally be analyzed with unsymmetrical bending stress distributions.
- The Elastic Buckling mode shape display has several new features:
- Display other mode shapes at different lengths without returning to the stress plot.
- Adjust the magnitude of the deflected shape.
- Reverse the direction of the deflected shape.
- Display and rotate a 3D rendering of the buckled member.
- Copy the current display image for pasting into another application.
Copyright © 2015 RSG Software, Inc.
- In the Analysis Wizard, the minimum bearing width is now enforced to be 0.75 in.
- In the Analysis Wizard, bracing for fully brace members now extend to the end of cantilevers.
- Correction to the distortional buckling moment when the web stresses are near zero.
- Correction to the detection of some intermediate stiffener cases.
- Don't apply the stiffness reduction for large radii if a plate buckling coefficient is specified.
- Use the more conservative safety factors and resistance factors when rational analysis is used.